The Shave Media Group of Companies (Shave) Commitment to Privacy
1. This policy applies to Shave Magazine and any of its subsidiaries which are referred to here collectively as Shave. At Shave Magazine, the security and integrity of our customers' personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high level communication services they expect.
2. Shave's privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations. We are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and where applicable with the privacy rules established by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).
3. Shave has in place privacy and security practices to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, Shave's employees receive privacy training and must comply with Shave's privacy practices as a condition of employment.
4. Personal information collected by Shave is information about an identifiable individual that may include such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, financial information, birth date and any recorded complaints.
5. At Shave, we collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
* To provide a positive customer experience, and deliver, bill for, and collect payment for products and services;
* To understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by Shave and its agents, dealers and related companies;
* To manage and develop Shave business and operations;
* To meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
* To obtain credit information or provide it to others.
6. Shave does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Shave retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
7. Shave informs customers of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information upon request and gives them access to their information.
8. Shave ensures that customer information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Customers can challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
9. Shave companies share information with other Shave companies or their agents and authorized dealers, in order to offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each company's application forms, invoices and web sites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can contact Shave (see How To Contact Shave below).
10. Additional information on your privacy is located in the Frequently Asked Questions section of www.shavemagazine.com under the Category of Privacy.
11. A senior company officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at Shave. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at Shave. You may contact the Privacy Officer at:
Chief Privacy Officer
3227 139 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5Y 1T2
By E-mail: email@example.com
12. Customers that wish to:
* obtain more information about Shave Commitment to Privacy;
*access, or obtain more information about, their personal information held by Shave; or
* make a privacy-related complaint;
may contact a Shave customer service representative who, if necessary, will refer the customer to the Shave Privacy Officer.
13. The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Shave's personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Shave you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance:
By Phone: 1-800-282-1376 or 613-995-8210
By Fax: 613-947-6850
By E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered users of Shave Media web sites and e-mail newsletters:
You can update your e-mail communication preferences that are part of your profile. Click on "log in" and provide your e-mail address and password. If you have forgotten your password, you can request a replacement.
* Google's use of the DART cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to our users based on their visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
* We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Our site's registration forms require users to give us a unique username and password. To post a message in www.shavemagazine.com using an e-form, an email address is also required.
Our online surveys and the contests on our site may ask visitors for such information as contact information (like their email address), financial information (like their investment portfolio holdings), and demographic information (like their postal code, age or income level). We may use contact data from our surveys or contests to send information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners, sponsors or advertisers. The customer's contact information may also be used to contact the visitor when necessary and may be shared with other affiliated companies within the Shave Media Group of Companies who may want to contact our visitors. Only the Shave Media Group of Companies has access to your personal information. Users may opt-out of receiving future e-mail communications. Please see the choice/opt-out section below.
Demographic and profile data is used to tailor our visitor's experience at our site and display the content according to their preferences. This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis only.
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Security This site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse and interception by third parties. The Shave Media Group of Companies assumes no liability for interception, alteration or misuse of information transmitted over the Internet.
This site is not marketed to or directed towards children. Nevertheless, it is possible for children to publicly post or distribute personally identifiable contact information without prior parental consent within chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups. No communication, however, will be sent to anyone or information collected from anyone who indicates that they are younger than 16 years old without their parents' permission.
In the Registration process where we request information about the visitor, our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving email or other forms of communications from the Shave Media Group of Companies.
By Mail: Chief Privacy Officer
3227 139 Ave
Edmonton, AB T5Y 1T2
By E-mail: email@example.com